GREENWAY PROPERTY ADDRESSES
FISHING PLATFORM/ELEC PANEL (ORANGE SECTION) - 157 VIRGINIA AVENUE
FISHING PLATFORM (RED SECTION) - 191 NORTH BROAD STREET
RESTROOM/CLIFFSIDE (BLUE SECTION) - 175 SOUTH HAWKSBILL STREET
RESTROOM/LOOP (GREEN SECTION) - 735 US HWY 340 NORTH
RUFFNER PLAZA - 14 SOUTH HAWKSBILL STREET
March 1 - Oct 31, 6am - 9pm
Nov 1 – Feb 28, 6am - 7pm
The Hawksbill trail length is approx. 2 mi. from start to finish. There are 1/10 mile dots centered in trail so you can measure your distance traveled! By installing these markers, trail users are able to enter the trail at any point.
The Luray-Hawksbill Greenway combines a lush habitat for birds, butterflies, trout and other wildlife with urban amenities including:
• A two mile, 10-foot-wide, paved walking and biking trail that is handicapped accessible
• Six convenient parking areas
• Two modern Restrooms
• More than 4 drinking fountains
• More than 24 trail-side benches
• Eight picnic tables
** Donations – currently not accepting donations for benches. **
Pocket Parks along the Greenway trail
Ruffner Plaza: features picnic areas, murals, and summer concerts
14 South Hawksbill Street
Cliffside Pocket Park: features shaded picnic areas and a pet friendly drinking fountain
175 South Hawksbill Street
TRAIL AND FACILITY HOURS
Nov 1 – Feb 28 : 6 AM – 7 PM
March 1 – Oct 31 : 6 AM – 9 PM
• Respect private property along the trail.
• Keep pets on leash. Mutt Mitts provided.
• No littering
• Bikes must yield to oncoming traffic. Courtesy warnings are recommended when approaching pedestrians.
• Use caution at Mechanic Street crossing – watch for vehicle traffic and use crosswalk button.
• Please walk bikes under the Main Street ramp.